This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure policy here.
Learn how to create a minimalist capsule wardrobe and discover why it will make your life simpler, happier, and more efficient.
Back in the days before I got rid of everything, I owned 7 pairs of jeans. I’ll let you guess how many I actually wore.
Got a guess?
The answer was 1. And the other 6 pairs?
- One rubbed against my c-section scar in an uncomfortable way.
- Another had a rise that was too low and gave me a muffin top.
- One pair was distressed in a way that was trendy and cool…once.
- A fourth pair was long enough to wear with heels, which I did about twice a year.
- Another pair was skinny enough to wear with high boots, which I never did after about 2013.
- The last pair were going to fit on the magical day when I became a size 6 again.
But I kept all of these jeans I didn’t really like cluttering my closet. Although I wasn’t conscious of it, they made me feel bad.
- These jeans contributed to the volume in my closet and made it hard to find things.
- They reminded me of how much money I’d wasted on pieces I’d never wear again.
- The jeans reminded me that I was no longer going anyplace that required high heels, that I didn’t currently have anything in my closet that was trendy and cool, and that I was no longer a size 6.